Indian territory indian territory originally all of that part of the united states west of the mississippi and not within the states of missouri and louisiana or the territory of arkansas. Maps of indian territory the dawes act and will rogers enrollment case file background federal indian policy during the period from 1870 to 1900 marked a departure from earlier policies that were dominated by removal treaties reservations and even war. In the late eighteenth century white settlers began migrating from the original thirteen colonies over the appalachian mountains and into the west. Indian territory a region and former territory of the south central united states mainly in present day oklahoma it was set aside by the government as a homeland for
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.